What does the growth number mean in numerology?
The growth number, (or key number) is based on your first name. Adding the value of the letters together represents the vibration and lessons to what helps you move forth successfully and happily in life. Read more about how a name can influence you.
Think Google! The growth number of Google is 7. Seven is all about “searching” for the inner meaning in life. Looking for the unknown and finding answers.
Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin coined the name google from a mathematical term “googal” meaning finding infinite possibilities. Read more about Google’s history.
Here is a cheat sheet for growth number meanings. Remember, this is a general description, how this number affects you has many variables, your destiny number, what your interests are, etc.
What is your growth number? Calculate your first name and find your growth number. Use this chart. You may want to use the name you usually go by, which may be for some, your nick name. Example: G (7) +R (9) +E (5) +E (5) +R (9) =35. 3+5=8. Growth number is 8.
Growth number meanings:
A couple of notes before we begin. Always reduce the double digit to one digit except when the two digits are the same, like 11,22,33. These numbers are called master numbers and very powerful. Also note in the “Think…” examples of well-known people selected below, they are based on the celebrities’ destiny number (birth date).
After adding the numerical value of the letters of your first name together and finding your growth number, ask, “What helps me grow?”
1 – Being a leader and inspirer through your ideas and actions, taking steps toward new beginnings. (What leaves you lethargic is sitting on the couch and doing nothing). Think Steve Jobs.
2 – Connecting with others in relationships. Finding love. Finding balance in every aspect of your life. Helping others to understand themselves. (What leaves you miserable is when you care more about what others think and leave yourself out.) Think Think Wayne Dyer.
3 – Sharing and acknowledging your creative expression, be it art, music, speaking, acting. Sharing your voice and your passion and loving every minute of it. (What leaves you unhappy and “stuck” is when you loose your voice and do not share your truth. ) Think David Bowie.
4. Using your mind, hands and talents to organize and build things. Building takes all forms — be designing your home, creating a piece of furniture, cooking, or developing a major project at work. (What leaves you annoyed and bored is when you are not being useful or when you get stuck in the details. Watch out that you don’t become too controlling, this could chase people away:) Think Bill Gates.
5. Being out there in the world as a charismatic and creative being. Having lots of energy and feeling free. Connecting and engaging with others. (What challenges you is taking too much on, loosing your energy, getting too much attention, or feeling like your wings are being clipped by others controlling you) Think Mick Jagger
6. Being warm and loving, sharing compassion for family, friends and community. Doing service is key in helping you grow as long as you are aligned to your vision. (What drowns you is when you over do it as a caretaker, and you are not compassionate with yourself and your own needs.) Think John Lennon.
7. Connecting into your spiritual and inner world. Searching for the unknown. Non conformist. Embracing your uniqueness. (What can bring you into despair is when you concern yourself with what others think of you and do not embrace your own differences.) Think Johnny Depp.
8. Being the charismatic and powerful leader. Empowering others and self. Leading and inspiring through example. (What drags you down can be fear of being powerful, reluctant to be out on stage, or controlling others through ego.) Think Barbra Streisand.
9. Continually growing. You thrive on transformation and change. By seeing the bigger picture to everything, you “get” where people are coming from and thrive when you help them find their true essence. (What keeps you feeling like running in a hamster wheel is when you over analyze to a point of feeling stuck in the mud. You may worry too much or feel judgmental of self and others.) Think Gandhi
11. Inspiring others and self. Acknowledging your brilliant ideas and putting them into form. Making a difference in the world through your innovation. (What gets you stuck is your ego. When you inspire to get attention and not your altruistic vision. Also self-judgment and fear of what others think of you. Fear of being seen.) Think Barack and Michelle Obama.
22. Connecting with others and making a difference. Manifestation through relationships. Brilliant understanding of people and building. (The challenge is to care too much what others think and to get bogged down by the details. Key is to delegate!) Think Shonda Rhimes.
33. Dynamic creativity and compassion for others. Doing service for others and community and the world. (The challenge is to remember your self and let go of being a caretaker. Also fear of judgement). Think Meryl Streep.
Other topics you might enjoy
- I see the same name all the time
- What is your destiny number
- Numerology meanings 101
- Finding a successful business name.
- Numerology classes in April
What is your growth number? Learn more about yourself through numerology.
Find a business name that brings you success.
Good morning Greer,
I’ve been up since about 4:30 this morning looking up my number and I’ve noticed that they all end up being 1s, 4s, and a 3. My birthdate is 9-21-1969, I’m the 4th and last child of my parents even my full name ends up being 1 after I add it all together. I fell like I’m supposed to do something great but I don’t know what that is. I’ve had extensive spiritual training and think it may be something to do with that but again I’m not sure. Please help.
Ok, so I see that your birthday also adds to a 37 which is a 1 (9+2+1+1+9+6+9=37) your life path or destiny
and you say your full name adds to a one.
3 is your inspiration number 9+2+1=12 1+2=3
I am not sure where the 4 comes in… but perhaps somewhere in your birthname.
Anyway, a quick synopsis..
1 is the leader and pioneer. Inspiring ideas. With your inspiration number being a 3, what moves you in your destiny of leadership and inspiring others is creative expression. Be it art/music/speaking/writing.. how you share your voice to the world. So as a leader, you must be inspired with a creative bent.. sharing your creative voice in some way. 3s and 4s do not do well with status quo.. Like you would be bored easily if you had a job as a bank clerk. You need to be in charge of something and it needs to be unique.. your goal is to inspire others and yourself. You do not do well as a follower. Does this sound like you?? let me know;)
You might be interested in a full 90 or 60 minute numerology reading to tell you more about your lessons, challenges, brilliances, etc. Click the link on my site for readings or email at [email protected] for more info.. Many blessings, Greer